I am looking for stories about people who inspire you (or are you), who have overcome poor self-image or physical challenges and have gone on to experience rewarding and successful lives. Selecteded stories may appear in the blog at SkinnyDeeping.com, a book slated for completion in late 2016, and/or as an interview on a program with the working title, SkinnyDeeping™ with Art.
General Blog Entries
You Think You Have Problems?
History is filled with people who have overcome both real and self imposed personal challenges. Here are just a few examples of people who have overcome challenges to become successful and inspire others that they can overcome their challenges as well:
- Matuschka (professional model lost breast to surgery)
- Stephen Hawking (unable to speak or walk)
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt (unable to walk)
- Teddy Roosevelt (overcame severe childhood illnesses)
- Matt and Amy Roloff, both 4 feet tall (physical & health challenges)
- Richard Branson, Thomas Edison, George Burns, Leonardo Da Vinci (dyslexia)
- Dan Ackroyd, Howard Hughes (Tourettes Syndrome)
- Ludwig Van Beethoven; Lou Ferrigno, Johnnie Ray (deaf)
- Helen Keller (deaf & blind)
- Dudley Moore, Gary Burghoff, Mia Hamm, Kristi Yamaguchi (club foot)